Loading articles...

Man gunned down outside Etobicoke home, suspect sought

Last Updated Mar 31, 2017 at 12:32 pm EDT

Toronto police investigate a fatal shooting on La Rush Drive in Etobicoke on March 31, 2017. CITYNEWS/Bertram Dandy

A 53-year-old man is dead after he was shot outside of a home in Etobicoke, and the killer remains at-large.

Toronto police were called to La Rush Drive, near Scarlett Road and Lawrence Avenue West, at 2:30 a.m. on Friday.

The body of Antonio Sergi was found on the driveway of a home, just steps away from the front door. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Neighbours say the man lived at the home and was well-liked.

Police said a 911 caller reported hearing a loud bang and saw the man laying on the driveway.

A person was seen running away from the home, but the suspect description is vague.

So far, no arrests have been made.

This is the city’s 14th homicide of the year.

Correction: An earlier version of the story said the man was 54 years old.