Loading articles...

Third man charged with murder in death of Zack Noureddine

Zack Noureddine. Facebook.

A third person has been charged with murder in connection with the beating death of a 25-year-old man last year.

Emergency crews were called to Yonge Street and Lola Road, south of Eglinton Avenue, around 12:30 a.m. on Dec. 30, 2015.

When they arrived they found Zack Noureddine in distress. He was rushed to hospital where he died.

Police said he was the victim of a violent, “brazen” robbery.

“I would certainly say (the victim) was targeted in that the people that robbed him choose him over any other number of people walking down the road,” Det. Jeff Allington said at the time. “But I don’t think it was something where he was followed and followed for blocks.”

William Lordhu Cummins, 29, and Patrick Smith, 26, both from Toronto, were arrested last week and charged with second-degree murder and robbery.

On Thursday, 31-year-old Matthew Moreira of Toronto was also charged with second-degree murder and robbery.

At the time of his arrest, Moreira was in police custody on an unrelated matter.

Toronto police are thanking members of the public who came forward to assist the Homicide Squad with this investigation.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400.