Loading articles...

Boy who was subject of Amber Alert never abducted, police say

Last Updated Mar 7, 2016 at 1:43 pm EST

Ontario Provincial Police in Orillia say a boy who was the subject of an Amber Alert Sunday night was picked up by his parents shortly after they said he ran away from home.

The Amber Alert said a boy, between eight and 11 years of age, had last been seen travelling with an adult male in a mini van in Orillia earlier in the evening.

It was cancelled about an hour later, with police saying the boy had been located and was safe and sound.

Police later advised that the boy had not been abducted.

They also said they wanted to speak to anyone who witnessed or was involved in an incident at the intersection where the boy was picked up by his parents.