While delivering his “state of Toronto” address on Thursday, John Tory mentioned a whole lot of numbers. Here’s a list:
- TTC service was reduced on 63 routes due to actions by council in 2011 and 2012.
- The Toronto-York-Spadina extension is still in the works and is scheduled to be complete by late 2016.
- The TTC signal upgrades on Line 1 that cost $562 million are scheduled to be done by 2020. The project was originally was scheduled for 2012.
- The Union Station revitalization was approved in 2009 at a cost of $640.2 million. Council has since approved more capital, up to $769 million. The project is expected to be finished by the end of 2016.
- Toronto Community Housing needs $2.6 billion in capital repairs over the next 10 years to keep residences in fair shape.
- The revitalization of Nathan Phillips Square is $20 million over budget.