It’s that time of the year again, when weekend events and construction take over Toronto, leading to road closures across the city.
- Two eastbound lanes of the Gardiner Expressway, from Jarvis Street to the Don Roadway, are scheduled to be closed until Dec. 1. Click here for the full story.
Eastern and Cherry intersection closure
- The intersection of Eastern Avenue and Cherry Street is scheduled to be closed in all four directions from Friday at 9:30 a.m. to Tuesday at 5 a.m. due to TTC streetcar track work.
- Motorists travelling eastbound on Eastern Ave. will be diverted to Sumach St., while traffic heading westbound will be diverted along Richmond St.
- Vehicles heading on the Don Valley Parkway ramp to Richmond St. will not be able to access Eastern Ave.
- Alternative east-west routes include Queen or King streets, while north-south routes include Parliament and Jarvis streets.
TTC track repair at Richmond and York
- The intersection at Richmond and York streets are closed until Aug. 17 due to reconstruction work on streetcar TTC tracks.
- Suggested alternative routes for private vehicles are Queen Street West, Wellington Street West and King Street West. Pedestrian access to sidewalks will be maintained, the city said.
Spadina and King intersection closure
- The intersection of Spadina Ave. and King St. W. is scheduled to be closed in all four directions from Aug. 6 at 10 a.m. to Aug. 20 at 6 a.m. for TTC track replacement work.
- Eastbound traffic on King St. approaching Spadina Ave. will be detoured to Bathurst, Portland and Brant streets. Westbound traffic will be detoured to John, Peter and Charlotte streets. Northbound will be detoured to Bremner Blvd., Blue Jays Way or Front St. Southbound traffic will be routed to Queen, Richmond and Adelaide streets.
- Alternative east-west routes include Front, Adelaide, Queen streets. Bathurst Street and University Avenue are alternative north-southbound routes.
Click here for current and upcoming road closures in Toronto.