Though the warm weather is finally here, so too are weekend events, road work — and closures.
Check back each week for an updated list of road and subway shutdowns.
Below is a list for June 7-9.
Woofstock (Friday-Sunday closure)
Road closures are scheduled from Friday at 6:30 p.m. until Sunday at 11:59 p.m. The streets scheduled to be closed are:
- Front St. from Yonge to Jarvis streets
- Wellington St. from Church St. to Leader Lane
- Church St. from Colborne St. to The Esplanade
- Market St. from Front St. to The Esplanade (for Sunday)
Alternative east-west routes include Adelaide Street and Richmond Street.
Ride to Conquer Cancer (Saturday closure)
The following road closures are scheduled to take place from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 8:
- Lake Shore Blvd. from Strachan to Windemere avenues
- Windemere Ave. from Lake Shore Blvd. to The Queensway
Portugal Day parade (Saturday closure)
- Lansdowne Avenue from Bloor Street to College Street is scheduled to be closed in both directions on Saturday, June 8, from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Alternative route for motorists is Dufferin Street
Dundas West Fest (Saturday closure)
The following road closures are scheduled to take place from 9 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, June 8:
- Dundas St. from Lansdowne Ave. to Roxton Road is scheduled to be closed on Saturday, June 8, from 9 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Alternative route for motorists include College St. or Queen St.
Toronto Taste (Saturday-Monday closure)
- Queen’s Park is scheduled to be closed in both directions from Bloor St. to the top end of Queen’s Park Circle from 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 8, to 6 a.m. on Monday, June 9 at 6 a.m.
- Possible north-south alternatives include Yonge St. or Bathurst St.
Festival on Bloor (Sunday closure)
- Bloor Street from Spadina Avenue to Bathurst Street is scheduled to closed on Sunday, June 9, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Motorists can use College St. as an alternative
Toronto Challenge Run (Sunday closure)
The following road closures are scheduled to take place 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 9:
- Wellington St. from Simcoe to John streets will be closed in both directions
- Other closures in the area bounded by Wellington St. in the south, Spadina Ave. in the west, Wellesley St. in the north and Bay St. in the east
- Alternative east-went routes include Richmond and Adelaide streets; north-south routes include Bathurst St. and University Ave
Yonge subway partial closure
Part of the Yonge subway line will be shut down this weekend for signal work.
Subways stopped running between Bloor and Union stations starting at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.
A shuttle bus will run between Rosedale and King stations every three to five minutes.
Riders heading downtown can use the University line south from St. George station.
Regular subway service will resume at 6 a.m. Monday.
Other road closures:
- Click here for partial lane closures on the Gardiner Expressway, Don Valley Parkway, and Lake Shore Boulevard.