While many of us may complain about the wintry weather, not so for skiers and snowboarders.
Saturday was opening day at the Snow Valley Ski Resort near Barrie, and several other resorts have already opened.
The following resorts are now operating:
- Horseshoe Resort in Barrie
- Mount St. Louis Moonstone in Coldwater
- Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area in Huntsville
- Sir Sam’s Ski Area near Haliburton are open
- Dagmar Ski Resort in Uxbridge
- Lakeridge Ski Resort in Uxbridge
Most resorts have only some runs open due to the mild weather and lack of snow, but more are expected to open soon.
There has still not been enough snow for Blue Mountain, southern Ontario’s biggest ski resort, to open.