It may look a little more like Christmas before the weekend ends.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for southern Ontario, including the GTA for Sunday afternoon.
A wintery mix of precipitation, including freezing rain, may hit the area Sunday afternoon and continue into Monday.
It will likely begin as snow over most of the affected areas before becoming mixed with ice pellets.
Environment Canada also says freezing rain warnings may be issued for some of the areas.
However, regions adjacent to Lake Erie and Western Lake Ontario will largely be hit with rain.
The following areas are included in the special weather statement:
- City of Toronto
- Sarnia – Lambton
- London – Middlesex
- Oxford – Brant
- City of Hamilton
- Halton – Peel
- York – Durham
- Huron – Perth
- Waterloo – Wellington
- Dufferin – Innisfil
- Grey – Bruce
- Barrie – Orillia – Midland
- Belleville – Quinte – Northumberland
- Kingston – Prince Edward
- Peterborough – Kawartha Lakes
- Stirling – Tweed – South Frontenac
- Bancroft – Bon Echo Park
- Brockville – Leeds and Grenville
- City of Ottawa
- Prescott and Russell
- Cornwall – Morrisburg
- smiths Falls – Lanark – Sharbot Lake
- Parry Sound – Muskoka
- Renfrew – Pembroke – Barry’s Bay
- Burk’s Falls – Bayfield Inlet