A seniors home at Barberry Place near Bayview and Sheppard Avenue East was evacuated Sunday morning after high carbon monoxide readings.

The Hazmat team ushered residents to an area of the building that had a zero reading while they searched for the source.

They later discovered the cause — a burnt out motor on the roof that pumps air into the stairwells.

Some seniors were treated by EMS with oxygen.

Residents in affected units were relocated to parts of the building with a zero reading while officials vented the area.