Two men are now facing dozens of charges related to the theft of donated toys and other items from a Salvation Army warehouse in east Toronto.

Police confirmed Thursday a second man is charged in the case after investigators raided a third warehouse in Brampton where 26 skids of allegedly stolen property were found.

Umaish Ramrattan, 61, of Ajax, is facing 40 theft-related charges and is set to appear in court Jan. 4.

Ramrattan’s arrest came days after David Rennie, the former executive director of the Salvation Army’s Railside Road warehouse near Lawrence and Victoria Park avenues, was arrested. He’s also facing 40 theft-related charges.

Rennie was fired earlier this month after Salvation Army officials discovered $2 million in toys and other donated items destined for needy families were stolen from the Railside Road warehouse over a two-year period. Rennie was in charge of that facility when the thefts happened.

Police raided two warehouses last week in Toronto and Brampton where several skids of stolen items were allegedly discovered.

“Myself as an investigator with 23 years of experience, I haven’t seen anything of this magnitude before,” Det.-Sgt. James Gotell said.

On Monday, police alleged the wholesale company Northern Sales Group was behind the thefts. A story in the Toronto Star on Thursday says Ramrattan incorporated that business in September.  

Northern Sales Group’s warehouse on Garyray Drive, near Steeles and Weston Road, was one of the addresses raided by police last week. Authorities allege two bikes Premier Dalton McGuinty had donated to the Sally Ann for summer camps were among the items found during that raid.

Last week authorities said they’d recovered most of the donated toys and other items, including cribs, strollers, food and personal care products. Police allege those items were destined for sale at flea markets and other outlets around Toronto.

The news of the Toronto theft also came days after the Salvation Army in Ottawa fired its executive director after an internal audit showed $240,000 went missing from that organization over eight years.