A second suspect faces murder charges in last summer’s mass shooting on Danzig Street in Scarborough that killed two innocent bystanders and wounded 23 others, police say.

Nahom “Gifted” Tsegazab, 19, who was already in custody, has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted murder in the gun battle that killed Shyanne Charles, 14, of Scarborough and Joshua Yasay, 23, of Ajax.

Tsegazab, an alleged member of the Galloway Boys gang, was charged with reckless discharge of a firearm three days after the July 16 shootout. He also now faces 22 counts of aggravated assault and appeared in court on Thursday morning.

Police believe the shooting was sparked when members of the Galloway Boys gang “took ownership” of the barbecue and prevented a member of rival gang the Malvern Crew from entering.

“The charges today flow from an exhaustive investigation that has been challenging to say the least,” Staff-Insp. Greg McLane said at a news conference on Thursday.

“During the event he conducted himself in a certain way that gives us reasonable grounds to believe he’s committed two counts of second-degree murder.”

Tsegazab was injured at the shooting and was hospitalized for a “number of days.”

“The fact that he was injured means he was absolutely there.”

McLane said the investigation is far from over, believing there are one or two more possible shooters.

“With continued help from the community, I’m confident my investigators will make further arrests,” he said.

Police have said they are searching for two men whose composite sketches were released earlier this month. One of the two has been identified, while the public’s help is needed to ID the other who goes by the street name, “Juvi.”

It’s uncertain these two, who are “believed to be in the area,” are gang members. But police want to speak to them.

Earlier this month, police charged Shaquan “Bam Bam” Mesquito, 18, with two counts of first-degree murder and 25 other charges.